Personal Data Policy
1. The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (Singapore Branch) (referred to as "we" or “us”) is the owner of this website http://www.step.org.sg/.
2. We have created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to protecting your personal data. The following discloses our privacy practices for this website to you (refer to as "you" or "users").
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
4. We may collect your personal data such as your name, email address, image and postal address when you make a request/enquiry/submission on our website, attend our events, subscribe to our newsletter.
5. We are an affiliate of Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners Limited (“STEP Worldwide”), a company limited by guarantee incorporated in England and Wales, and receive your personal data from STEP Worldwide when you sign up as member or when you fill in forms (such as STEP and CLT application forms) which are provided on STEP Worldwide’s website at.
6. In certain situations and with your consent, we may also obtain your personal data from third parties for example, when you provide the personal data of your guests to attend our events.
7. Your personal data may be used and/or disclosed to any of our affiliates including STEP Worldwide or affiliates of STEP Worldwide or our service providers for the following purposes:
- To send requested information/products to you.
- To communicate and update you on information you may have interest in.
- To provide assistance and follow-up service on the information/products you have received.
- To maintain a register of our members (whether past, present or prospective).
- To administer membership applications and activities.
- To facilitate the use of our facilities and services and participation in our activities.
- To publicise our events and activities.
- To comply with the law, the requests of law enforcement and regulatory officials, or orders of Court.
- To ensure proper security and administration of our personal data and general operations.
- Towards any other purpose of use for which we have obtained your consent, express or implied.
8. You may at any time submit a written request to withdraw your consent for us to collect, use or disclose your personal data. We will respond to your request as soon as possible.
ACCESS OF PERSONAL DATA
9. You may view your personal data which we have collected and stored at any time. In order to do so, you will need to submit a written request for access to view your personal data. We will respond to your request as soon as possible and, at the latest, within 30 days of receipt of your request and payment of the administrative fee of $20. Please note that we reserve the right to revise our fee if the cost of retrieving your personal data exceeds our original estimation. If so, we will notify you of any such fee revision before processing your request.
10. Your right to view your personal data is limited to your personal data only. We are not permitted to reveal any personal data about any other individual to you. We reserve the right to refuse access to your personal data if it will reveal or lead to the revelation of another individual’s personal data, cause harm to you or another individual or is contrary to the national interest.
CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
11. We encourage you to provide us with an update of any particulars of your personal data that have been changed as soon as possible.
12. In relation to our current members, you may correct and update your personal data which we or STEP Worldwide have collected and stored upon logging in to your personal profile page at www.step.org/user/login. We do not accept requests for correction or updates of personal data by email.
13. For non-members or for correction of all other personal data not reflected on your personal profile page, you may submit a written request to correct your personal data which we have collected and stored. We will consider your request and respond to it as soon as possible and, at the latest, within 30 days of receipt of your request. We will make the necessary corrections as soon as reasonably practicable provided we are satisfied that the corrections should be made. In the event that we feel the corrections should not be made, we will inform you.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
14. We make every effort to maintain a high standard of confidentiality and security of your personal data. We have internal policies and procedures in place to ensure that your personal data is kept secure.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
15. We will retain your personal data for as long as the purpose for which your personal data was collected is still being served and as long as it is necessary for legal or business purposes.
16. In the event your personal data is disclosed to third parties, we will take measures to ensure that the entity receiving your personal data is aware of our data protection policies and is bound by confidentiality obligations.
17. In the event we go through a business transition, such as being acquired by another company or a change in third party vendors who assist us in security or administrative matters, users' personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred.
18. We will use reasonable efforts to ensure that the information contained on our own website is accurate and relevant. If you find any inaccuracies, please email us and we will delete or correct it promptly.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
19. This website may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. We are not responsible or for any information or content on any linked sites or for any goods or services available from them.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
20. We reserve the right to change this policy at any time. Please check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of our site following the posting of changes to these terms shall be deemed acceptance of those changes.
21. If you have any queries or doubts about the policies set out in this statement or about your personal data that we obtain, maintain, process, use and disclose, or if you would like to submit a written request to withdraw your consent or access or correct your personal data, please contact our data protection officer at:
Postal Address: 6 Eu Tong Sen Street, #05-07, Singapore 059817
Telephone Number: +65-31287781
22. For more information about the Personal Data Protection Act 2012, please visit the Personal Data Protection Commission’s website at http://www.pdpc.gov.sg.
2017-2018 Sub-Committees of the STEP Singapore Branch
Each Sub-Committee is chaired by a Branch Committee member who will report on the work of the Sub-Committee at each Branch Committee meeting. All recommendations of the Sub-Committees must be tabled to the Branch Committee for approval.
The initial term of these Sub-Committees will end in June 2018.
Terms of Reference:
- To keep members updated on industry developments and to promote STEP membership through publications in e-newsletter and website
- To assist Technical Committee in communications with relevant authorities (for instance, obtaining feedback from members on proposed legislative changes)
Chair: Goh Seow Chee
· Wong Kaiyun, TEP
· Chan Eelin, TEP
· Wendy Wong, TEP
· Derek Too, TEP
Terms of Reference:
- To facilitate feedback from members to relevant regulators or authorities on issues relating to regulations and law that would impact the trust industry
Chair: Goh Seow Chee
· Sunil Iyer, TEP
· Ng Beng Kie, TEP
· Long Lee Syin, TEP
Sub-Committee: Education and Events
Terms of Reference:
- Plan and develop ad-hoc workshops and symposiums relevant to the advancement of education of STEP SG branch members and affiliates
- Organize and/or provide liaisons on activities and events that encourage members and affiliates' engagement with STEP SG branch initiatives
Co-Chairs: Cathryn Lau and Lionel Choi
· Ban Su-Mei, TEP
· Anna Lim, TEP
· Ng Hui-Bing, TEP
Sub-Committee: Members' Engagement
Terms of Reference:
- To engage the next generation of STEP members from the affiliate members, current, existing and experience practitioner
Chair: Annette Sui
· Jamie Yu, TEP
· Dorothy Tan, TEP
· Koh Chi Ming, Student Member
· Jean Lin, Student Member
The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (Singapore) is the local branch of the international Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners, a unique professional body providing members with a local, national and international learning and business network. It was set up on 29 January 1997.
STEP Singapore provides education, training, representation and networking for its members, who are professionals specialising in trusts and estates, executorship, administration and related taxes. Members advise clients on the broad business of the management of personal finance.
Branch Committee 2018-2019